Helping to fund classroom experiences for our students.
Building strong partnerships while growing our school community.
Directing donated dollars to aid teachers in Reynoldsburg.
Check out our video to learn more about Reynoldsburg Education Foundation!
For Immediate Release
Reynoldsburg, OH -- The Reynoldsburg Education Foundation proudly partnered with the Reynoldsburg City School District to recognize Kynnedi Burney as Reynoldsburg’s inaugural Phyllis Mayberry Scholar Student Award recipient. This is the first year for the recognition, named after Phyllis Mayberry who has been employed by Reynoldsburg City Schools for the past 38 years as a member of our transportation department. She is an advocate for students and a champion for the Reynoldsburg Community. Ms. Mayberry works hard to ensure all children in Reynoldsburg can be honored for their hard work both inside and outside of the classroom.
Miss Burney, an outstanding student at the Columbus School for the Blind, was selected for the award based on her academic excellence, relationships with others, and her joyful outlook on life.
The award was established by Dr. Jocelyn Cosgrave, Chief Academic Officer for the District, and awarded based on the following criteria:
· The student must be enrolled in school with one of our education partners used for outside placements.
· The student must live within Reynoldsburg City Schools district boundaries.
· The student must be transported to school by Reynoldsburg City Schools’ transportation department.
· The student must be nominated by a teacher, staff member, parent, bus driver, or community member.
· The student must achieve excellence in academic or extracurricular programs at their school.
Miss Burney was honored at the May Reynoldsburg City Schools Board of Education meeting. The REF’s vice-chair, Julie Hartman, was able to attend and take part in the presentation.
The REF contributed a $100 scholarship to accompany the award.
For more information about the REF, please visit www.reynoldsburgeducationfoundation.com
Your support and contributions will enable us to meet our goals and fund our mission.
Sign up to hear about upcoming events.